SC - French knife

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Tue Oct 31 11:39:24 PST 2000

Greetings Balthazar.
The only markings on the knife say:  _France_ and something else that is too
small and dark to read.  the knife holds to a magnet.
I will try to clean it up tonight and see if I can get any other clues.
btew: What exactly is _high carbon_?  And what does acid food do to a high
carbon blade?
Thanks
Phillipa
<<
 Master A...do we know if the blade is high-carbon,
 stainless, or high-carbon stainless?  If it is a
 stainless steel blade (which sounds unlikely, because
 of its age), then it shouldn't blacken due to the pH
 of the water... Of course, you should always dry your
 knives regardless of the composition...

 I'm curious to know what the blade is made of, since
 there are other things which need to be taken into
 consideration when dealing with the different metals,
 which the original poster may not be aware of (such as
 washing a high carbon blade immediately after slicing
 lemons, tomatoes, or any other high acid food...)

 Balthazar of Blackmoor