Meats/spices in MA (was Re: SC - I am So Ashamed! (long))

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Oct 31 18:54:20 PST 2000

- --part1_c2.28bf4a9.2730dfdc_boundary

In a message dated 10/30/00 4:09:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

> would need to be imported for cultivation.
>
> Bear

While your thoughts are correct , the word extends back to medieval Latin and
thus from the Arabic. Is it possible that this member of the Piper group
could have been grown? Are you saying that the seeds would have had to have
been imported on an annual basis to be used for agricultural purposes? Or are
you saying that the crop, if it were grown needed to be reseeded regularly
and that the seeds produced from the current crop were sterile? I am
confused. ;_-(  Sorry.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol

- --part1_c2.28bf4a9.2730dfdc_boundary