SC - my collected glossary

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Mon Oct 2 11:53:52 PDT 2000

Thank you so much for you additions my lady.  I have lately been working on
the glossary from _A CURYE ON INGLYSCH_.  It has been most interesting seeing
what is basicly the derivation of words.  Also, now I'm very eager to start
redacting!
Phillipa

<<
 >FAYRE
 >decent sized pieces

 Fair, in various spellings, seems to be used more generally for good
 or proper; you might find something like "and sethe it in a fair pot"
 or "in fair water", where I would guess it means clean.

 >IDON ÞRYN   IDON (TH)RYN
 >done like this

 I think the second word here is probably "therein", so the phrase
 means done or put into whatever pot or dish the recipe has been
 talking about. >>