SC - Boiled peanuts, was, food bashing

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Oct 3 10:52:23 PDT 2000

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> During which the Queen quietly makes remarks about people wanting to
> remain inconspicuous and snooze in Court while wearing airport landing
> lights on their heads... .

Funny- I actually have some... just after I was crowned SLUG Queen, we
were at an event and camp wandering in the evening. I had a set of
blinking lights in the enourmous Eyestalk hat, so I pulled those,
battery pack and all, pinned the battery pack under my veils in the
back, and stuck the lights into the coils of hair on the sides of my
head ('Buns of Death' as Seumas calls them) so that they just poked out
under the ruffles that run across the front of the veils. They were very
cute, I thought. I didn't go to court that way, but they did light the
way as we walked around and offered people pieces of the enourmous
chocolate truffle slug. I got lots of 'Clear for landing!' jokes, one of
the fencing dons said they were 'traumatic' and someone else called them
'pernicious'. Why thank you! What a lovely thing to say...

In court, I prefer to provide a running MST3k commentary. Sometimes they
don't even throw me out...

'Lainie