Historic Liver recipes (was SC - liver )

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Tue Oct 3 23:20:55 PDT 2000

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Philippa Alderton wrote:

> What I'm looking for is period cooking equipment, which I could make with my
> forge. Had to return the borrowed anvil- spent much of this afternoon and
> evening turning a bit of railroad rail into a usable anvil, and should be
> finished tomorrow. Want to make us period cooking equipment for over the
> fire, as an option other than the modern stuff for next Pennsic, so any
> information and pix that people can send will help.

How about one of the viking style "skillets"? There were even at least
one find of one that was made from a spiral "bar stock", which would be
more of a grill than a pan.

I'd pay for good iron (not cast) pots, but the times I've asked I've
been quoted prices outside my range (e.g. SEK 2500 -- US$ 300+ -- for
one viking style pot).

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
A pentagram approaches a circle for sufficiently large values of five.
                -- Jerry, in The Wizardry Cursed by Rick Cook