SC - dates

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 21:16:30 PDT 2000

There is nothing to compare with a
freshly dried
emperess or medjul date - instead of one that has sat
in a warehouse
for a few
months, then transshipped east, and plonked in a
warehouse for a nother
few
months to a year ;-( that is what WE here in the east
get stuck with.
margali

Hadleys is one of those places that sells those
wonderful creamy dates you spoke of. They also do mail
order and have a website.
www.hadley.com (i think) it may be hadleys.
But they are in cabazon which is very close to palm
springs on I-10. We used to stop on our way to Phoenix
from Fort Irwin. But they have a money back guarantee.
Thye are a little pricey, but the people hwo work
there have a good working knowledge of the different
kind of dates. Medjool are my favorite. The deglets
remind me of those big water bug type roaches we had a
t school when I was a kid. Just can't eat them, at
least not whole. But they are a really good date
sourch. They raise and sell and ship their own stuff.
They also have a line of really good wine too. Desert
wines, mead, etc. But I highly recommend them. But I
jsut htought I'd share.
nisha