SC - Staying warm without a cloak

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Wed Oct 4 22:47:22 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/4/2000 8:43:13 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

<<
 Can anyone perhaps tell me how to make a warm cloak in two and a half days
 with no sewing machine?  I have loads of material, but the hand sewing is
 going to drive me nuts. >>

Layers of woolen material, ala a scots woman's "piece of plaid" work wonders.
 Simply drape them around you like shawls.  I have cloaks, but most of the
time I wear my piece of plaid.  Another secret to staying warm is to keep the
feet warm and dry.  Difficult in snowy/slushy conditions, but if you don't
have good waterproof boots, try a layer of socks, covered with a layer of
plastic (bread bags are good things) followed by another layer of socks and
another of plastic inside your shoes.   And don't forget to keep your head
covered with the piece of plaid.

Mordonna