SC - Way OT: Need advice to prevent freezing

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Thu Oct 5 05:01:32 PDT 2000

At 08:15 PM 10/4/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Can anyone perhaps tell me how to make a warm cloak in two and a half days
>with no sewing machine?  I have loads of material, but the hand sewing is
>going to drive me nuts.

You might try the "serape" style.  Measure yourself from shoulder to length
you want finished cloak.  Measure out twice that length in fabric.  If you
have one piece*, fold in half, cut a hole just big enough for your head to
go through.  Face or sew bias tape around the head hole.  Put a small hem
in the raw ends of the fabric and you're good to go. The width of you vrs
the width of your fabric will determine how far it hangs from your
shoulders.  And, since you're not cutting the fabric up, you can go back
later, when you have time and either re-cut or reuse the fabric.  *If you
have to use two pieces of fabric to get your length, lay them right sides
together and sew the shoulder seams from the outside toward the middle,
leaving enough open in the middle for your head.  You can sew down the seam
allowance to form your neck facing. Hope you get it or something made in
time.  Leanna