SC - Re: Ruzzige cake

Cindy M. Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Mon Oct 9 01:28:56 PDT 2000

Hello!

Bliny are Russian pancakes, traditionally served at Shrovetide.  The
recipes vary widely.  Some call for yeast, others do not.  Here is one that
is more like a crêpe: http://www.ruscuisine.com/sent/030999.html

My modern German dictionary has tüfteln as to do something with
hairsplitting attention to detail. This would seem to fit the making of a
batter with whipped egg whites, but this is pure speculation.

You say this mess is from the earliest edition.  What do the other editions
say about this recipe?

Cindy