SC - test- don't read

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Oct 10 13:21:57 PDT 2000

david friedman wrote:

> At 12:28 AM -0500 10/10/00, Stefan li Rous wrote:
> >Cindy replied to Adamantius' post with:
> >>  you'll be alright, just stay where you are. my friends will be right over -
> >  > you'll know who they are - they're wearing white coats...
>
> I don't understand. Just because Adamantius failed your test, you are
> sending chefs over to do a special feast for him?

Ooh, will they leap into convection ovens? I hear it's great fun to
watch them do that. I've never actually seen it done from the outside before.

Actually, while we're on the subject, is there any evidence to suggest
that the concept of chefs in white coats extends to cooks in period?
Scully provides us with a reference to Chiquart being awarded livery,
and I'm on my second white cook's cote (the first was a white workman's
cote designed to function like a modern white cook's jacket
- --mysteriously disappeared--, and the new one is a Greenland gown
pattern, also with certain areas of doubled fabric, quilting, and
bias-cut seams for extra mobility, protection from flying gobs of hot
oil, etc.). However, it never occurred to me that there was a period
tradition of cooks in white coats.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy