SC - A SLUGLY Gallery! You NEED to see this!

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Tue Oct 10 20:16:05 PDT 2000

At 05:33 PM 10/10/00 -0700, you wrote:
>OFC-I've been wondering though? What did European slugs eat before the
>introduction of the tomato to Europe? It seems to me that slugs love
>nothing quite so much as tender tomato plants... ;-)
>
>'Lainie

Problems with your ex-subjects eating your tomatoes?  I found a couple of
environmentally acceptable ways to keep them away.  Alas, if you are truly
fond of the little critters...stop reading now.
A bit of diometrius (sp?) earth scattered around your garden will help keep
the pests away.  However, one year we had an outrageous number of slugs
attacking our garden, so, we made tiny depressions in the soil, put plastic
lids (you know, the kind from the cool whip or oleo containers) and filled
them with beer.  Slugs just LOVE beer.  They drink themselves to death.  We
tried to give them all decent burials, but ended up putting them in the
compost heap to enrich the soil next season.  Leanna