SC - OP recipe request

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Wed Oct 11 18:28:33 PDT 2000

At 02:53 PM 10/11/00 GMT, you wrote:
>Yes, I have made meatballs out of (sort of) my meatloaf recipe.  I usually
>add some Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage to the mix and a few more spices.
>I use something like the recipe for my stuffed cabbage - 2 or 3 kinds of
>meat, rice, etc. spices, the trick I use for cabbage rolls is I use tomato
>paste & sauce mixed with stewed tomatoes and 1/2 cup beer over the rolls,
>put them in an aluminum (yes, aluminum) roaster, cover, cook overnight at
>200 degrees, out of the oven, into the fridge all day and repeat for 3
>nights.  On the 4th night everyone comes over with their tupperware (or
>sends tupperware if they cann't make it).
>
>Now I'm hungry..
>Olwen

Me, too!  I need to mix up a pan of cabbage rolls.  I've never heard of
cooking them three nights, however.  I make the rolls, then chop the
cabbage core, mix with sliced onions, sauerkraut and lay in the bottom of
my enamel roaster.  Then the cabbage rolls and top with stewed tomatoes.  I
bake a couple hours at 325 degrees.  Nothing worse than scorched
sauerkraut.  Been known to peel and cube potatoes and/or turnips and put in
with the rolls, too. Look out for the drool drip!  Leanna