SC - Re:Milk in Bags

Nanna Rognvaldardottir nanna at idunn.is
Tue Oct 17 07:01:57 PDT 2000

Hauviette wrote:

>As for how they do it? Not sure, but having a resealable spout would be
>really cool. They are just rectangular bags that are sealed. We have milk
>pitchers that the bags sit in and you just cut the top corners to pour the
>milk.

We used to have both types here in Iceland - one liter bags of the type you
describe, and 10-liter bags encased in a cardbord box, with a resealable
spout. My mother used to buy one of these each Friday to last the weekend
(we are a nation of milk-drinkers); she placed it on the top shelf of the
fridge and when you wanted milk you just pressed the spout and filled your
glass. We used to call the box "the cow".

Nanna