SC - Herb blends for soft cheeses--a question

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Oct 17 18:46:23 PDT 2000

By the way, "she" did check...that's where I got the cheese recipes in
the first place....and they are really, really yummy.  I've made several
variations now, doing pre-feast test cooking--a lemon cheese--very tart
but easy; a (modern) Latin American cheese (queso blanco, IIRC) made
with vinegar--very nice and actually more "firm" than soft; and two soft
cheeses--one more of a cream cheese (50/50 cream/whole milk, and the
best thing I have _ever_ eaten on a bagel), and one a cross between
cream cheese and cottage cheese in texture (whole milk with added cream
for flavor).  What I hadn't found in my ramblings, or limited period
cookbooks, were suggestions on herbs for flavoring soft cheeses.  Which
is why I asked. <g>  So, thanks, everybody, for your suggestions.  I'm
saving the yummy modern ones for non-SCA use.  Heh, heh...just wait till
I make a cheesecake with this stuff...heh, heh, heh....
- --Maire