SC - Jerkies

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Oct 17 21:17:25 PDT 2000

Seumas commented:
> > Mild flavorings (period too) vinegar or lemon juice and
> > ginger and salt.
>
> I tried a preservative solution from Apicius with vinegar, salt,
> mustard, and honey, but proportions are not included, so I have been
> experimenting.

Interesting. Apicius recipe please? Would this be dried/ground mustard
seed since you already have liquid with the vinegar and the honey? Or
would this be a mustard sauce?

Please report some of your experimenting when you have time. (And before
you do something that doesn't work and you get sick. :-)  Or Lainie
decides your experimenting is too dangerous and stops it. :-) )

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net