SC - Re: cider and applesauce

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Oct 17 22:44:14 PDT 2000

Maire asked:
> Anyone know of any period recipes for applesauce that _don't_ have
> almonds? I'd like to serve it at my feast (request of the
> Baroness-to-be, actually), but there are a few allergy problems that I'd
> like to avoid by leaving out the nuts.

Didn't we recently have a conversation on apple sauce or maybe it was
apple butter? Anyway, you might want to check this file in the FOOD-FRUITS
section of my files:
fruit-apples-msg  (42K)  1/10/00    Period apples and apple recipes.

Or maybe this one for such recipes that are not mostly apples:
fruits-msg       (206K)  8/ 4/00    Medieval fruits and fruit dishes. Recipes.

For something a little thicker than applesauce this file in the FOOD-SWEETS
section might have something:
marmalades-msg    (53K) 12/20/99    Period marmalades and fruit jellies
and jams
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net