SC - Medieval Greece

Cindy M. Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Wed Oct 18 01:02:00 PDT 2000

<snip>

>> Subject: medieval Greece.
>> Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:55:23 PDT
>> From: "Jennifer Grahn" <spikypineapple at hotmail.com>
>> To: stefan at florilegium.org
>>
>> Hello,
>> I've just been looking at your site, the Florilegium. You have so much
>>great
>> information there! But one thing I did not see was much of any information
>> on medieval Greece. I have been looking all over the internet for info on
>> what life was like in the Greek middle ages--food,clothing, occupations,
>> daily life, etc--for a book I'm writing, but I haven't found anything. When
>> I saw your site I thought you might be a good person to ask advice from,
>> because you might know where I could go to find the information I'm looking
>> for. If you do happen to know of anything of this nature please let me
>>know.
>> I'd really appreciate it.
>> Jennifer.
>--

Well, I've got a few links to websites about ancient Greece here

http://members.aol.com/renfrowcm/links.html - food
http://members.aol.com/renfrowcm/links2.html - history

Athenaeus.  The Deipnosophists, or The Sophists at Dinner.  Tr. by Charles
Burton Gulick.  Wm. Heinemann, Ltd.  London.  G.P. Putnam's Sons.  New
York, 1927.  Ed. by E. Capps, T.E. Page, W.H.D. Rouse.  The Loeb Classical
Library.  7 volumes dating from circa 228 A.D., containing a great deal of
information on the wines and foods of ancient Greece, Rome, and Egypt. He
also talks about games, sports, social life, etc.

HTH,

Cindy Renfrow/Sincgiefu
cindy at thousandeggs.com
Recipes"