SC -children in kitchen:was worst feast ever...

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Wed Oct 18 10:38:28 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/18/00 6:42:38 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
alm4 at cornell.edu writes:

> >On the topic of kids does anyone know of any rules restricting those under
>  >either 16 or 18 from the kitchen.  The last feast I cooked someone made
>  >the 14 yr old helping out leave, since there is supposedly a rule against
>  >children in the kitchen.  This was brought about by an accident at a
feast
>  >according to the pronouncer of said rule.
>  >Maddalena

You might also try the SCA main web site and check corpora. I don't believe
there is a rule about children under age in the kitchen. I know in my
Kingdom, Atenveldt, and in my barony, Tir Ysgther, we use children of 13 on
up; many times our servers are 14 or 15 years old. I believe here they look
on it as a private kitchen, like a home, and it is up to the cook.

Lars