SC - ducks and geese

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 11:34:17 PDT 2000

Wow. This sounds wonderful. I really liked the duck
fat that I've
gotten when cooking ducks. Is goose fat very similar?
It never occurred
to me that such an item might be available seperately.
But then duck
is not common here and I've never seen goose nor ever
eaten any.

Hi
The only place i've seen ducks and geese is at a
military commisary around Christmas. I did a roast
duck for Christmas one year and it was wonderful. I
did some research on it before I cooked it to make
sure I did it where it wasn't a grease bomb.
But since the fat of the birds is often used with meat
dishes in Kosher cooking, would a Kosher deli/grocery
have these things without having to render them
yourself or go out of the country for them? I dont
live close enough to a kosher store to find out. THe
last one I was in was in Phoenix a few years back. But
I can try to check the next time we go to Dallas. But
if anyone gets to one before I do, I'd be interested
in finding out one way or the other. `-Just a thought.

Nisha