SC - children in the kitchen

Julia Robertson robertson_julia at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 18 23:51:45 PDT 2000

Having 4 children myself, aged 10 (twins) 7 and not quite 4. I find that in
general finding a way to do most A&S activites for children can be a lot of
fun. We have the boys and the girls doing embroidery, cooking, dyeing and a
heap of other stuff.

All it takes is a little bit of forward thinking and then simplifying and
all goes well. eg embroidery the older kids use embroidery hoops etc just
like the adults and the younger ones use coarse fabric, woll and an old
blunt tapestry needle. We stretch the fabric out over an old masking tape
reel and hold it down with an elastic band... easy.