kids in kitchen, was: SC - Worst feast ever...

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Oct 19 10:05:55 PDT 2000

The house rule I have when my goddaughters are up visiting is that if
they are under the age of 8 they do not come into the kitchen when I am
cooking. Once they hit 8, they can come in to learn one at a time [very
small kitchen] I have the oldest one an accomplished baker of breads,
rolls and muffins/cakes, the next one down is a little carnivore so i
started her on meats and she is the fastest at deboning whole chickens
I've seen for a long time. The 3d one is a vegetarian, so I taught her
to make all the spiffy little fruit and veggie garniture and got her a
neat book on turning veggies into the cutest little animals and such.
The 4th is just hitting 8 this summer, and the last 2 are still too
young.

I hope to have a whole kitchen staff trained up by the time the littlest
[born just before coronation this fall] hits 14...
margali

- --
http://homestead.deja.com/user.marilyntraber/index.html