SC - Re: salt

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 20 09:59:58 PDT 2000

I know what you mean about the bitterness taste of
regular table salt.
Thta's why I get teh non-iodized salt. I notice the
bitterness as well. an almost metallic yuckytaste.

I have never heard of sea salt causing migraines (odd,
since I've had
> them for more than 20 years).
This is one cause of migraines I hadn't heard either.
TOo much salt in general and the iodine in it, yes,
but not sea salt in particular.

 I know _sel de Guerande_ from the salt marches of
Brittany has
trace amounts of clay from the marsh bottoms. Gives it
a grey colour.
Where do you find this type of salt? I have heard of
grey salt for years, and never seen it. Is it much
more expensive than sea salt?

Salt tasting anyone? A little kosher, some iodine, a
pinch of sea salt,
a touch from the Dead Sea, perhaps a nice _sel de
Guerande_?

I've heard of people doing this....never really done
it, but I have heard of it...

Nisha