Peach pits (was Re: SC - Baked apples)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Oct 21 16:17:15 PDT 2000

Olwen asked
> So tell me, are you making your own molds?  I have never used (or heard of)
> sanders.  Is it a liquid?

Nope, a bright, orangish red powder. I bought mine from the Pepperer's Guild
at Pennsic, but it should be available from other spice merchants. For
more info, check these files in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of
my Florilegium:
spices-msg       (109K)  8/ 4/00    Info. on spices, sources for spices.
merch-spices-msg  (30K)  8/ 3/99    Spice merchants. Reviews and recommendations

And this one in the FOOD section:
p-fd-coloring-msg (19K)  9/ 9/99    Period food colorings.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net