SC - Re: Peach pits (Recipe) >

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Oct 21 16:34:20 PDT 2000

Olwen, the curious, declared:
> AT LAST!!!!! Another creative way to use up some of the 23lbs or so of
> marzipan in my fridge!!  Yeah!!  Thanks!!  I even have a peach!

I know I've seen a bunch of other recipes using marzipan and discussions
on marzipan here over the years, but I can't remember where I've filed all
of them. I think if you look through these files you might find a number
of other interesting uses for that 23 lbs of marzipan.

in FOOD-SWEETS:
14C-Sweets-art    (17K)  9/14/00    "Sweets and Treats of the 14C"
                                       by Lady Hauviette d'Anjou.
cookies-msg       (57K)  1/12/00    Period cookies. Recipes.
desserts-msg      (78K)  1/11/00    Medieval and SCA dessert recipes. Sweets.
sotelties-msg    (152K)  4/15/99    Sotelties and Warners - decorated food.

in the FOOD section:
Warners-art       (32K)  6/29/98    An article on disguised food.
                                       by Alizaunde, Demoiselle de Bregeuf.
illusion-fds-msg  (79K)  8/28/98    Medieval illusion foods. Diguised food.

in the FEASTS section:
ill-fd-feast-art  (10K) 12/ 8/97    A feast consisting of illusion foods.

Marzipan = adult Playdough.

Another similar item is sugarpaste.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net