East Kingdom University (was Re: SC - Lamb Technique and Notes)

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Sun Oct 22 07:03:51 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 21 Oct 00, , that Christine A Seelye-King wrote:

> That was Lady Brighid, who is off treating East Kingdomers to her Peach
> Pits this weekend.  (lucky dogs).

It was a very agreeable event.  I had a chance to chat with Jadwiga
and Adamantius, and with other folks.  Took several interesting
classes (only one food-related), and lunched from a very well-
executed dayboard.  Bread, butters, herb cheese, compost, apples
and pears, sausages, soups (chicken and something vegetarian
with peas)... all tasty, and efficiently replenished.

I would never have thought of putting food in an A&S display,
except that a lady on another list inquired if the table would be
watched, so that she could leave a bottle of wine out for sampling.
I put out a big plate of peach pits, along with copies of the recipe.
They were well-received, and though I had brought along baggies to
package leftovers, it proved not to be  necessary.  :-)
A lady from Ostgardr (Andrea, I think) had put out a platter with
samples of four relishes she'd redacted from Platina.  All were
delicious, and the platter was very attractively arranged and
garnished.  My only quibble is that the individual dishes were not
labelled, so I had to guess which was which, based on the recipes.

And then we drove home, while my lord husband listened to reports
of the great battle in Ostgardr.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann