SC - Ein Kuchen

Sun Oct 22 17:44:28 PDT 2000

Thank you, Thomas.  Raising the straining cloth on straw for drainage makes
a great deal of sense.  I was having a hard time with the why of this.  If
the straw is clean, and place in the bottom of a bowl, then the almond milk
is still useable.

Technically, semolina (or semolina flour) is a high gluten chisel (the bran
and large particles left behind in the first bolting of freshly milled
flour).  The term is derived from a diminutive (semolino) of the Italian for
bran (semola).  There are five grades from 00 to 3.  2 is the grade common
to the US, and used primarily in pasta.

This of course leaves me kicking myself, Semmel is obviously derived from
the Latin simila, meaning fine flour, rather than being a term for semolina,
a by-product of milling durum wheat.

There are days I feel amazingly dense.  Thanks again.

Bear