SC - Going to NY

ekoogler at chesapeake.net ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Oct 23 21:06:14 PDT 2000

> HI All,
> I will be in NYC the weekend of November 18th. I will be staying at the AYH
> youth Hostel on Amsterdam.  I would like to know if there is anything going
> on event wise that weekend. Or if there are folks on this list who would
> like to do some sort of food thing.  I have a number of things on my list,
> the two Scythian exhibits, the cloisters and getting past the 10th century
> in the Met (the last time we were there, we stayed in the greek and roman
> section for a long time).
>
> I have a business meeting on Friday Morning, then I am free (oh yeah, I have
> to meet up with at least some of the family  who will want to see me since
> I'll be on the eat coast, at some point in the weekend).
>
> I am also open for suggestions on other museums, fabric stores, etc.  I used
> to know New York fairly well, and am not hesitant to get myself anywhere
> that can be reached by bus, train or subway....
>
> Maeve
> Cathy Harding
> Barony of Madrone

I know it's probably too late...and if it isn't, it's terribly expensive, but
if you can figure out any way at all, try to see The Lion King.  Yeah, I
know...it's Disney.  But I gotta tell you...it's wonderful.  If you've seen the
movie Titus, the same lady that directed that did just about everything on Lion
King...costumes, choreography, direction, etc...and won several Tony's for her
trouble.  It's well worth the trouble and expense to see it.

Kiri

PS:  Requisite food content...well, they did talk about overhunting the
pridelands...ducking and running for the proverbial rock