SC - help on documentation

Edgar, Terry EdgarT at JM.com
Tue Oct 24 05:40:53 PDT 2000

Greetings!

At this point, I have only posed the question regarding documentation,
partly because It has occurred to me that many many good recipes aren't
documented as such.  I am not planning to enter an A&S competition right
now, but I do need to know how the process works.  I am planning to do a
feast in the spring, and my goal at this point is to present food that is
period, that is tasty, and that could be documented.  I cook a lot without
recipes.  I was wondering how to document these dishes.

Rivka

- -----Original Message-----
From: Serian [mailto:serian at uswest.net]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 6:46 PM
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: SC - help on documentation

What I've learned - and I'm one of the newer period cooks
here - be careful (if for competition) in just documenting
ingredients.  I also have those recipes passed down from
generations.  I've tried to find similar recipes from the
same part of the world, but I realize even that is not as
good as I'd like.  What recipes are you trying to document?
Perhaps some of us know about them.

In Service,
Lady Serian