SC - TV spot

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 17:18:38 PDT 2000

>I contacted a friend of mine who works for a public
access TV show
here
>in
>Santa Cruz, and they're interested The
show
>runs
>1/2 hour, and we could easily fill it.

Lucky you,to live in Santa Cruz, we used to be
stationed at Fort ORd, and Santa Cruz is one of my
favorite places on the planet.

 How much time would you want
>allow for taping?

I think  this would depend on how experienced you
presenters are at presenting their subject matter. I'd
say at least a couple of hours.

 Would you prefer a menu consistent to one time and
>place,
>or would you offer a broad sampling?
You could show a sampling at the beginning and then
focus on a particular menu. Most cooking shows doint
tackle more the 3 maybe 4 dishes in  a half hour.

  Would you be more interested in
>preparation or presentation?
If prep work is done well and ahead of time, you can
show both.

Would you keep the diners limited to SCA
>folk,
>or would you like to see the reactions of people who
don't commonly
eat
>medieval food?
Since the veiwing doesn't seem to be limited to SCA
people, why not have a couple people who like food
other than just hamburgers to volunteer to be gunea
pigs.

 And what am I missing? Maybe make sure you have a
simple, easy to remember website with the recipes you
use, the recipes for the foods you mention if you give
a variety at the beginning, and a link to the SCA
website, for people who are interested in what we do.

>And who would be interested/available to help?
If I still lived in Cali you bet I'd be in the middle
of this if I could. ANy help I can be by way of email,
etc, please let me know. I did some TV stuff in
college. IT was all behind the scenes, but if that
doesn't go smoothly, nothing does. Depending on who
you have do the presenting of the material, you may or
may not have to script it. You need someone who knows
their way around a kitchen AND can be an entertaining
teacher. Not necessarily the best period cook you
know. Although you should try to get them to help with
the research, etc.Again, any help I can be, let me
know.
nisha