SC - Preventing Bad Feasts

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Oct 24 18:06:11 PDT 2000

At 12:38 PM -0500 10/24/00, Rosalyn MacGregor wrote:
>If we accept that this is the case, what can the autocrat and group to do to
>insure that an incredibly spectacular failure doesn't happen? And, will the
>cook allow such a scrutiny to take place?

One thing we like to do is to do a rehearsal--the whole feast, in
advance, scaled to one table. Guests consists of the cooks, the
autocrat, and at least one person with conservative tastes. One
objective is to see how the feast works as a whole. A second  is to
see whether quantities are badly off. A third is to spot likely
bottlenecks.
- --
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/