SC - Curry

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Thu Oct 26 11:57:12 PDT 2000

>I've seen several studies that suggest that hot items promote endorphin and
another neurotansmitter(?) release that is just like the "runner's high" that
was topic in vogue in past years.  As you eat more and more hot foods across
time, your body releases more and more of them to attend to the pain and chemical
reaction in taste buds.  This is all pretty solid stuff.  It gets dicey when
the inference is made that this leads to addiction.  Various studies have more
or less credbility in methodolog
>y and nuerophysiological foundation.  Maybe not physically additing, but possibly
sought for the pleasant endorphin rush.

Yeah, Baby!  I LIVE FOR that Indian food rush!  C'mon, just a little chicken
tikka masala!  I can stop anytime I want!

Got a dumb question on this topic.  I've always known curry to be a spice combination,
like garam masala.  However, twice now I've seen "curry" plants being sold at
plant nurseries.  Is this a mis-identified herb?  A colloquial name?  Something
else?  I'm confuzeled.

- -Magdalena vander Brugghe