SC - Lamb recipes

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Oct 26 12:43:37 PDT 2000

They do a bit of a slowdown in their first fall/winter, and jsut sort of
creep up in size over the rest of their second year. Some breeds also
grow a bit slower, I was raising romney crossed with
wensleydale/doresets more for the wool than the food rather than a
rambouillet, which would have been my preference for a wool bearer. The
romney do well for meat, but the wensleydale cross for the wool did
cause a bit of size difference between the 2 year old male and the 3
year old sire [which if the offspring was pure romney should have been
the same size instead of smaller]

The wensleydales and romneys are both archaic breeds, not one of the
newer meat breeds that most people run across. I suppose if I were to go
out and pick something up at auction, i could go for a meat animal
rather than a wool animal and get size....but I still like to drop spin
when my hands work ok.
margali
and I never docked the tails, so I actually had 'tail' for rendering.
The renreder fat lasted me aboout 1 years worth of cooking used a couple
of tbsp at a time, wonderful flavor!

- --
http://homestead.deja.com/user.marilyntraber/index.html