SC - I am So Ashamed! (long)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 13:41:27 PDT 2000

One of the things I wrote down was how Dove is
>considered a "common" food today, but in period "Dove Cloisters" were
>created
>in the castles of uppers to encourage doves to roost. Young boys would
>climb
>to the top of the cloisters, shoo out the birds, and then net them for use
>in
>dinners. Heck of a lot of effort if the Masters of the castle didn't
>**eat**
>them or considered them **below station**.
>
>Lars

Yeah Lars.  I find it much easier to shoot them, but as children we used to
bring them down with slingshot.

Anybody know how far back slingshots go?  I thought that went back to BC.
So why didn't they use those??  A lot easier than climbing a building.
Olwen