SC - Frumenty

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Oct 26 15:59:09 PDT 2000

One of the best frumenties I have ever made was with mixed grains, oats,
wheat, buckwheat, & rye, IIRC, and the texture was very good.  The key is
to cook the grains in a suitably seasoned stock, which imparts plenty of
flavor to the grains as they are cooked.   This eliminates the bland
porridge syndrome nicely.  I think of frumenty as being the porridge that
gets left on the hearth over night, so my vision of it would be pretty
well cooked.  My taste would be for some of the texture to remain.
Christianna