SC - I am So Ashamed! (long)

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 16:18:58 PDT 2000

- --- Bonne of Traquair <oftraquair at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Bonne
> (whose dad used to phone her up to tell her of bad
> weather heading for NC
> which he learned of on the weather channel. As if
> the information was not
> available on local radio and newpapers. He'll
> probably someday call me to
> say there's been an earthquake in Southern
> California.)

First off, Bonne, earthquakes are not a weather
phenomenon, so he wouldn't hear about them on the
weather channel.  They are news and they are a
geological phenomenon, but not part of weather.
Secondly, if he should call you to tell you about it,
you will have already felt it and were half-way
towards forgetting it ever happened.  Thirdly, he
won't be able to call you about bad weather for
Southern California because we rarely have any.  It's
"Sunny and hot", "Sunny and warm", "Sunny and nice",
"Sunny and cold", "Sunny with scattered showers",
which was today's forecast.  And if a hurricane should
develop off the west coast of Mexico, tell your father
not to panic, California immigration officials do not
allow hurricanes to cross the California/Mexico
border, so he won't have to worry about those, either.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.