SC - Spicing dishes

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 26 19:11:14 PDT 2000

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
<<<<<*getting all excited at the prospect* Does it have a smell, though? And if so, what does it smell like? Does it smell like sandalwood or something else? >>>>>>>>

Generally, the aroma is the majority of flavor (aside, we only _taste_ sweet, sour, salty and bitter, so the rest is carried to olfactory sensors that merge it with the _big four_ to give us flavor sensations).  This stuff has a pleasant, perfumy aroma.  It will wane over time unless I am diligent to keep it airtight.  It is hard to describe . . . a sort of sweet, mild sandalwoody aroma.

niccolo