SC - [Fwd: RE: [EKSouth] Food Fantasy]

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 27 07:29:44 PDT 2000

Hullo, the list!

So this was the televised medieval feast neither I nor my seneschale
could get any locals to attend or provide "local color" for. This was
sent in response to my query on the menu, along with a short description
of my discovering the plan of the chef to improve upon medieval food
without actually knowing anything about it; appended below. It is
supposed to be on FoodTV around Thanksgiving, which, for you
non-Canadians, is, I think, November 23. All in all, it sounds tasty,
and I suppose it could have been a lot worse, although I have a sneaking
suspicion he would have cut his quinces into thirds.

Note that this medieval feast consisted of eight dishes, counting sauces
as separate dishes, and was served to a total of ten people. I'm feeling
pretty good about what we do, don't you?

Adamantius