SC - clove oil

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 16:18:58 PDT 2000

I buy mine at CVS Pharmacy.  It is food/medicinal
quality and you have
ask the pharmacist for it.  It is much more reasonably
priced  (about
$7.50 for a1oz bottle...brand Humco) than at herbal
shops and you can
be
sure it is food quality.

I paid 4.50 for my 1 oz bottle at a health food store.
It is essential oil and is safe for use in food (Come
on, you can use it in a baby's mouth for teething). It
does need to say essential oil, not fragrance oil,
since fragrance oils usually have all kinds of crap in
them that isn't digestible and can make you sick.
Since fragrance oil is not intended to be used in
food, only in candles, potpurri etc. But pharmacy
prices in my experience (and we've lived alot of
places, since my husband is in the army) have almost
always been more than at the health food stores. It
does vary some from place to place, and have been
surprised both ways.  SO it's worth giving a couple of
places a call to find out, if you want to get the best
price.
Nisha