SC - sugars

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Oct 29 17:49:12 PST 2000

> it's good to know that I'm not misremembering about the Golden Syrup on the
> label, and the stores where I buy my groceries often have imports, so I may
> have been looking at Lyle's... so I'll check.   I was *really* foggy last
> night, so I was concerned I might get things confused.
>
> now I want to know if there are different varieties :-)
>
> Lady Celia (who *loves* to play with different, non-refined sweeteners <g>)

We have had occasional discussions on here about different sugars, how
they compared and which might be closest to which period sugars. You
might want to check this file in the FOOD-SWEETS section of my files
before going to the store on this exploration trip. Then you'll have
a few more types to look for or have some idea of what they are when
you see them.
sugar-msg        (115K) 10/20/00    Sugar and other medieval sweeteners.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net