SC - Malaches (FoC 159)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Oct 29 23:56:29 PST 2000

UlfR said:
> > It calls for lard, for which a decent substitute is bacon or fresh
> > pork belly or back fat, even soaked salt fatback, and then white
> > grease, for which a good substitute or source is lard ;  ) .
>
> Ahh, now I see. I was thinking "lard, I could get away with butter
> instead". Looking at Stefans site with the original MS and some
> commentary I see (http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/foc/FoC025_smallgif.html):
> "[Butter] The usual substitutes for it are oil-olive and lard; the
> latter is frequently called grees, or grece, or white-grece...".

A small correction here. If that is the site you found it at, that
is not my site, that is Greg Lindahl's (Master Gregory Blount) site.

If you have any links to that site for the Florilegium, please change
them. There a still a few files at his site, but as soon as I finish
moving and updating the last of the files from there, any Florilegium
files there will be removed. Other than the dozen or two files I haven't
moved from there, those files can be badly out of date. Use the URL
given below.

Thanks.
  Stefan
- --