SC - French knife

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Oct 31 20:52:27 PST 2000

Phillipa asked:
>  And
>  (and here's the food content)  a French 12" chef's knife.  full tang.  The
> knife is about 40-50 yrs old.  It is still sharp!!  But, the sides of the
> knife are sort of yucky.  Not rusty just yucky-spotty looking.  How do I
> clean up the knife?

There are a number of methods that have worked for different people. While
this file in the COMBAT section of my files is oriented toward swords,
similar methods should work on a kitchen knife.
swordcare-msg     (18K)  1/ 3/96    Comments on the care of steel swords.
- --
HL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net