SC -

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Sep 1 07:36:36 PDT 2000

yOn Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> eggs or quiche or other cooking.  I don't like the
> thought of eggs sitting out for days unrefrigerated
> even if they have been hardboiled first.

If they are going to be purely decorative you can boil them for 15-20
min. I've had them sitting like that on the shelf for years. Completely
inedible, but you can make neat "tie-dye" eggs that way. Just use
something coloring in the water (onion skin being common), and tie
things like leaves, lace, strings, etc to the egg before putting it in
the water.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage
to try to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of
the people I had to kill because they pissed me off.