SC - Measuring (was: interesting URL - food shopping!)

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Sep 1 16:52:08 PDT 2000

At 3:13 PM -0400 9/1/00, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
>ChannonM at aol.com wrote:

>  > How bout The "Cookshop"
>>
>>  Hauviette
>
>Hard to go wrong if you keep it simple, but I'm amazed that there isn't
>a huge outcry for the Flaming Cheesy Salamander...

I was thinking of "The Stuffed Griffin." One side of the sign shows a
griffin looking very well fed, the other shows a stuffed griffin
turning on a spit over the fire.

But then it occurred to me that I was working from a modern
medievalish perspective on inn titles, and I was not at all sure how
much historical basis it had.

"The Cookshop" has much to be said for it.
- --
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/