SC - Period cookshop at Pennsic?

BaronessaIlaria@aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Sun Sep 3 01:04:32 PDT 2000

At 11:41 AM -0400 9/2/00, Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:
>One thing I would highly recommend for the cookshop is serving sweets
>and desserts.  Those are enormously popular (look at the lines for The
>Fruity Cobbler!), and I have noticed that people who might be otherwise
>leary of period food are willing to give sweets a chance.  Gingerbrede is
>easy to make, as are various puddings and fruit sauces.  If there's an
>oven available, then you can get into pies and small cakes/cookies.

I expect one can have an oven, but my impression is that pies are
pretty labor intensive, which might be a problem.

If you don't have an oven, there are always my Islamic frying pan
pastries. The leafy dish is a bit labor intensive, but I think you
could do murrakaba in quantity. And there are all the fritter type
things from the medieval European sources.
- --
David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University