SC - My Good News... <G>

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Sep 4 18:49:59 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 4 Sep 00,, that Angie Malone wrote:

> Get the kitchen aid.    Are you talking about the food processor or the
> mixer and then buying attachments?  We have had our kitchen aid mixer for
> 27 years and we love it, we have almost every attachment they made for it.
> The only thing I was never completely happy with it about was making bread
> with the dough hook.  You still have to kneed the bread a lot, etc so it
> almost isn't worth making bread in it.

I have the KitchenAid mixer, and make all my bread dough in it.  I have
no complaints about the quality.  However, you do have to knead for
longer than the ludicrously short time they recommend in their
instruction book (something like 2 minutes, IIRC).  I knead the dough
with the hook for 8-10 minutes on speed 2 and get good results.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net