SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2565

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 5 15:12:57 PDT 2000

Here is the link to my sausage recipe for Menagier.  IT went over so well, and could have served twice as much.  This is for about 2# of sausage.  I'd do at least 10# to make it worth your while.  Play with the salt and fry a small wad to taste it.  Proper salting is a key to this one, and enough fennel.  I did not have facilities for 4 day cold smoke, so I did a short cold smoke then a hot smoke on the grill (300F) to finish cooking after boiling.  Got sufficient smooke flavor, but the preservative quality was lacking . . . I had to refrigerate them well to store while raw.  GREAT with the mustard sauce from Menagier!  or even better with the red mustard from Platina.

http://www.mindspring.com/~franiccolo/sausages_le_menagier.html

fra niccolo difrancesco