SC - chicken sausage recipe

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 5 23:25:08 PDT 2000

Ras declared:
> bootkiller at hotmail.com writes:
> << De Nola's got some pretty wacky instructions in places anyway; a recipe he
>  gives for a distilled broth for invalids advises the cook to heat a number
>  of gold pieces in the fire and add them to the finished broth.  The more hot
>  gold you throw in, the more the broth will be worth.
>
>  So go figure...
>
>  Vicente >>
>
> Alternative medicine has several uses for gold. It is also one of the metals
> our body readily digests and uses. I see nothing wacky with his suggestion
> but rather see something that modern medicine might take an example from......

Except that gold is almost inert. There are very few compounds that will
disolve gold, arsenic being one of them. In this use, none of the gold
would actually enter the body. And as far as I know, gold has no cataclytic
properties, so it would not affect the broth in any way except as a heat
sink.

It is my understanding that any gold digested simply passes right
on through the body. If you have any reputable sources that show
gold actually being used by the body, I'd like to see them.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net