SC - citing e-mail conversations

Gaylin J. Walli gwalli at ptc.com
Wed Sep 6 14:26:16 PDT 2000

At 11:21 PM -0400 9/5/00, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
>david friedman wrote:
>>
>>  I'm pretty sure that Grewe and Perry knew each other; I believe there
>>  was  talk of Perry completing some of the work left unfinished by
>>  Grewe when he died. Perry was working from both the Arabic original
>>  and an English translation of Huici Miranda's Spanish that I had
>>  organized. My guess is that he did a less thorough job than he would
>>  have in a published scholarly version--at least, I know he has
>>  corrections he now wants to make, although he hasn't gotten around to
>>  sending them to me.
>
>I may have misunderstood you earlier, then. I hear the Manuscrito
>Anonimo is in Volume II of your Collection, but I had heard somewhere (I
>thought from you) that it had been withdrawn _because_ Mr. Perry had
>some corrections he wanted to make, and that it would be back when the
>corrections were made. I'd assumed, when you webbed this, that they were
>made. So I could have had the Perry "first edition" all this time, and
>stuck with the old one-volume collection?

The Manuscrito Anonimo was never withdrawn. I was holding off webbing
it because Charles Perry said he had some corrections which he would
be getting to me shortly. They never arrived (I have projects like
that too, so am in no position to complain). So I asked him if it was
all right to web the translation as is, he said yes, and I eventually
did.
- --
David Friedman
Professor of Law