SC - A Thousand Eggs

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Sep 6 19:00:07 PDT 2000

Ras writes:
>Aelfwyn at aol.com writes:
><< I wonder if there's a www.cookiecutters.com >>
>
>Yes there is:
>
>http://www.cookiecutters.com/
>
>Enjoy!!!! :-)

Dohhh!  You guys!  I had (of course) to check out not only
www.cookiecutters.com (which had plastic ones that while more elaborate
than most I had no trouble resisting) but just for grins,
www.cookiecutter.com -- which has metal ones, and LOTS of them!
Including, for your Autumnal Baking, 3" pumpkin, 3" maple leaf, 2"
acorn, 3" corn shock, 3" oak leaf, apples in 3" or 4", 3" sugar maple
leaf (different from the other), and apple, pumpkin, acorn, squirrel,
and 2 leaf mini-cutters!!  And that doesn't start on the Halloween or
Thanksgiving cutters!  Now I have to come up with an occasion to make
cookies for so I can pretend to justify additional cutter purchases.

BTW, I started using the mini-cutters at Christmas in the spaces
between the 'real' cookies to reduce re-rolling (just keep a separate
sheet for them, they bake MUCH faster); but now they've become so
popular I do many more.  They're a bit of a pain, but really fast to
decorate as there's no room for anything elaborate.

I know they are post-period, but when did roll-cookies and cookie
cutters come into use?

- -- Harriet

(Oh, yeah, and I talked to my friend's Aunt Carmello at the family
Labor Day picnic about the pizzelle iron he got me, and she said, "and
of course you don't make them on a day like today (very humid)."  Which
of course I had.