SC - Re: How much to cook

ChannonM@aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Thu Sep 7 05:03:40 PDT 2000

At 6:15 PM -0400 8/31/00, Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
(Marian Deborah Rosenber wrote:
>Hi again,
>
>   I'm still looking for around for books that can give me some biographical
>information on various cooking people in the Renaissance.  I've been thinking
>hard and the only person I can come up with would be the wife in Le
>Menagier du
>Paris.

There is an old book by Eileen Power called _Medieval People_ which
consists of six chapters on what life would have been like for six
different medieval people--one of whom is the Menagier's wife.

By the way, does late 14th century count as Renaissance?

Note that if you want to do this, a translation of the cooking
section of Menagier is up on Cariadoc's web site, and it includes a
lot of menus as well as recipes. We also have a lot of worked-out
recipes from the Menagier in the _Miscellany_.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook